Click here for donations and information!

    Now Trending

    Saturday night’s newscast at a New Mexico television station was delayed when a man attempted to break into the facility, station officials said.

    >> Read more trending news

    On its Facebook pace, KOB in Albuquerque apologized for the delay. Just before 10 p.m., a man began pounding on the front door of the station. Officials called the police, but in the meantime the man gained access to the lot located behind the station, KOB reported.

    The man then began hitting the back door. The telecast was delayed until the members of the Albuquerque Police Department arrived and took the man into custody, the station said.

    Real. Raw. Blog.

    Man Dies after eating gas station nachos. Still no word on the beef jerkey

    A man who contracted botulism, a rare and deadly poisoning, after consuming nachos purchased at a California gas station has died. Martin Galindo, 37, was one of 10 people hospitalized after eating contaminated nacho cheese sauce at Valley Oak Food and Fuel in Walnut Grove, California, near Sacramento.

    A GoFundMe account for Galindo said he was in the hospital for weeks, where he was on a ventilator, fell into a coma and was pronounced brain dead. He was a husband and father of two, according to the account.

    The California Department of Public Health found toxins released by bacteria that cause the illness in cheese sauce that was sold at the gas station. The sauce was removed from the gas station

     

    “While there are still unanswered questions about this outbreak, these tragic illnesses are important reminders to be vigilant about food safety,” said CDPH director and state public health officer Karen Smith.
    According to the California Department of Public Health, the toxin that causes botulism can be found in foods that are not properly processed or stored.
    “As we head into the summer barbecue season, both indoor and outdoor chefs need to be on guard against all food-borne illnesses,” Smith said.
    Botulism symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, difficulty swallowing, dry mouth, difficulty speaking, drooping eyelids, blurry vision, slurred speech and paralysis.
    Between 5 and 10 percent of botulism cases are fatal, according to the World Health Organization.
    The poisoning is rare; only 15 food-borne cases of botulism were reported 2014.

    Cool Things To Do

    Photo Galleries

    Videos

    Would You Rather

    Bone Sports bar